Saturday, February 23, 2013

3/4 Schedule: Fire Fighters and Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Theme: Fire Fighters and Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Literature:
Even Firefighters Hug Their Moms by Christine Kole MacLean
The Cat and the Hat by Dr. Seuss
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss

Alphabet:
X is for X-ray
X Marks the Spot Treasure Maps
Letter X mini book

Fine Motor:
“Don’t Cut the Fire Flame” (cutting practice)
Big Lines (handwriting practice)

Art:
Fire Extinguisher Puff Paint
Thing One, Thing Two Handprint
Truffla Trees
Dr. Seuss Hats
One Fish, Two Fish Bowl

Math:
Counting Fish in Fish Bowls

Movement:
Stop, Drop and Roll

Dramatic Play:
Fire Fighter Costumes

Music:

I'm a Firefighter
Sung to: "I'm a little teapot"

I'm a firefighter dressed in red,
With my fire hat on my head.
I can drive the fire truck, fight fires, too,
And help to make things safe for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment