Sunday, February 10, 2013

3/4 Class Schedule:Valentine and Mail

Theme: Valentine and Mail Week
 
Literature:
The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall
The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll
Valentine’s Day is… by Gail Gibbons
My Somebody Special by Sarah Weeks

Alphabet:
V is for Valentine
V is for Vehicle
Writing Names
Postcard Beginning Sound Stamp Book
 
Fine Motor:
“Don’t Cut the Heart” (cutting practice)
Big Lines (handwriting practice) 

Art:
Raining Hearts
Valentine Boxes
Thumbprint Heart Valentine Cards
Valentine Heart Kissing Fish
Symmetry Art Hearts
Mail Carrier Costumes
 
Math:
Valentine Patterns
Heart Counting Puzzles
 
Movement:
Hersey Kiss Hunt (Letter Identification)
Cupid’s Arrows
 
Dramatic Play:
Mail Delivery

Music:
The Mail Carrier's Song –
Sung to "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"

Write, write, write your cards,
And lots of letters, too.
I will bring them to your friends,
And they will write back soon.

I'm a Letter Carrier –
Sung to "I'm a Little Teapot"

I'm a letter carrier, on my way. (walk in place)
Here is my suit, it's blue and grey. (point to clothes and head)
When I come to your house, every day, (point with index finger)
I leave the mail, but I can't stay. (point to self)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment