Friday, February 22, 2013

2/3 Class Schedule: Fire Safety & Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss


Theme: Fire Safety & Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Literature
The Cat and the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Even Firefighters Hug Their Moms by Christine Kole MacLean
Stop, Drop, and Roll by Margery Cuyler
Arthur’s Fire Drill by Marc Brown

Alphabet:
My Itsy Bitsy X Book
X is for X-ray
X is for Xylophone
Bingo Markers

Fine Motor:
Cutting Fire Flames
Putting out Fire (nozzle spray)

Art:
Truffula Trees
Thing 1 and Thing 2 Hand Print Art
Green Eggs and Ham
Fire Extinguisher Puff Paint
Fire Trucks

Sensory:
Felt Ladders

Movement:
Stop, Drop, and Roll

Music:

I Am a Fireman
Sung to: "I'm A Little Teapot"

I am a fireman dressed in red.
With my fire hat on my head.
I can drive the fire truck, fight fire too,
And help make things safe for you.

Did You Ever See A Fireman
Sung to: "Did you ever see a Lassie"

Did you ever see a firefighter, a firefighter, a firefighter,
Did you ever see a firefighter slide down a pole?
Slide this way and that way and that way and this way?
Did you ever see a firefighter slide down a pole?

No comments:

Post a Comment