Sunday, June 14, 2015

2/3 Schedule: African Safari

Literature: Giraffes Can't Dance
Snakes, Snakes, Snakes
How Loud is a Lion?
Hidden Hippo
Walking in the Jungle
Animal Boogie
You Put Your Left Paw In

Art:
Juggle Vines
Yawning Hippos
Paper Tube Snake
Corkscrew Pasta Lion
Hand and Footprint Parrot

Dramatic Play:
African Animal Hunt

Sensory:
Water Table
Snakes Bin
African Safari Hunt

Fine Motor:
Rolling Snakes with Play dough
Cutting Snakes

Movement:
Predator Vs. Prey Game
Sack Snake Races
Snakes in the Grass

Going On an Animal Hunt (Chant)
We're going on an animal hunt, (your turn)
Searching for our friends. (say as I say)
Got my map in my hands,
And my binoculars too.

I see an animal in the distance.
It's got a long, wavy mane
Big, huge eyes
And a swishy swashy tail.

Shhhhhh! Tip-toe, tip-toe, tip-toe, tip-toe, tip-toe
It’s a lion!

I see an animal in the distance
It’s got a very, long neck
Straight, boney legs
And spots all over it’s body

It’s a giraffe!

I see an animal in the distance
It’s got a big, long trunk
Two sharp tusks
And some huge, flapping ears

It’s an elephant!

I see an animal in the distance
It’s got very big mouth
Some tough gray skin
And floats in muddy water

It’s a hippo!

I see an animal in the distance
It’s got long, bendy arms
A very strong tail
And swings through the trees
It’s a monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment