Sunday, May 17, 2015

2/3 Class Schedule: Ocean


Theme: Ocean         

Literature:
I’m the Biggest Fish in the Ocean
Commotion in the Ocean
Clumsy Crab
Jump Fish Jump
Secret Seahorse

Art:
Octopus with tentacles
Shell Threading Craft
Paper bag Jellyfish
Liquid Watercolor Ocean Scene
Handprint Crab

Fine motor/Sensory:
Fishing Poles and Fish
“Don’t Cut the Fish” (cutting practice)
Pinching Fish
Play Dough Sea Urchins
 
Math:
How Many Fish Bubbles?
Sorting Colored Fish

How Many Shells in the Pail?

Movement:
Ocean Movement Game
Octopus Tag
Jump Fish Jump


Music:
Five Cranky Crabs (Rhyme)
Five cranky crabs were digging on the shore.
One swam into a net and then there were four.
Four cranky crabs were floating in the sea.
One got tangled up in seaweed then there were three.
Three Cranky crabs were wondering what to do.
One dug a deep, deep hole. Then there were two.
Two cranky crabs were warming in the sun.
One got scooped up in a cup. Then there was one.
One cranky crab was smarter than his friends.
He hid between the jagged rocks.
That's how the story ends.


Swim, Fish, Swim
Tune: Jingle Bells

Swim, fish, swim,
Swim, fish, swim.
Swim fast—do not stay!
Look! –There’s a great big (child names a sea animal).
And you must get away.


Shape on the Move
I have a (pick a shape or object) in front of me.
I think I’ll put it on my knee.
Then I’ll hide it under my chair.
Can you see it under there?

I’ll take it out so I can put
That pretty (shape) on my foot.
Off of my foot and into my hair.
My, it looks so nice up there.

Out to the side. Up in the air.
Is that my (shape) way up there?
Down to the ground my (shape) lands.
I pick it up with my two hands.

Behind my back my (shape) goes.
Where is it now? Nobody knows.
Here it is for all to see.
It’s right back here in front of me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment