Friday, March 14, 2014

3/4 Class Schedule: St. Patrick's Day & Ponds (Cont.)

March 17-21
Letter with Lines: L T H I F

Monday:
Circle Time: St. Patrick's Day Celebration
Literature: St. Patrick's Day by Anne Rockwell
Letter with Lines: L
Art:  Rainbow Straw Art
Math: Pattern Blocks
Sensory: Green water dilution  
Movement/Game: Snake in the Grass

Tuesday: 
Circle Time: Amphibian! Frogs & Toads
Literature: Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel 
Letter with Lines: T 
Art: TP roll Frog or Toad
Math: Lightening Bugs in a Jar
Sensory: Green water dilution, Frogs & Toads Life Cycle
Movement/Game: Hatch, Hatch, Little Egg

Wednesday: 
Circle Time: What other pond life comes from an egg? Turtles!
Literature: An Extraordinary Egg by Leo Lionni
Letter with Lines: H
Art: Turtle mask 
Math: Egg Shell Matching
Sensory: Frogs & Toads Life Cycle, Water table Lily Pads & Fish
Movement/Game: I Spy & Turtle Race

Thursday:
Circle Time: Pond Bugs (Dragonflies, Water Striders)
Literature: Pond Life by David Wallace 
Letter with Lines: I
Art:  Coffee Filter Dragonfly
Math: Lightening Bugs in a Jar
Sensory: Water table Lily Pads & Fish
Movement/Game: Pond Life Charades

Friday:
Circle Time: Pond Bugs (Mosquitoes)
Literature: Pond Life by David Wallace 
Art: Cut up pond creatures
Letter with Lines: F
Math: Number Practice, Egg Shell Matching
Sensory: Green water dilution  
Movement/Game: I Spy & Hatch, Hatch, Little Egg

Music for the Week: 
Old McDonald
Old McDonald Had a Pond E-I-E-I-O
And in that pond he had a FROG E-I-E-I-O
With a Ribbit, Ribbit here
And a Ribbit, Ribbit there
Here a Ribbit
There a Ribbit
Everywhere a Ribbit, Ribbit
Old McDonald had a pond E-I-E-I-O

Geese honk
Dragonflys quiver
Turtles are silent
Swallows swoop
Herons lunge
Ducks quack

Croak, Said the Frog
Croak said the frog,
(Make croaking sound)
With his golden eyes.
(Fists up to eyes)
Sitting on a lily pad,
Catching flies.
(Grab air with hand)
I have a sticky tongue,
(With index finger make darting motion)
It’s as FAST as can be.
I catch the mosquitoes, 1-2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment