Thursday, February 6, 2014

3/4 Class Schedule: Valentine's Week & Meaning of Love!

 February 10-14
Letter of the Week:  Vv 

Monday:
Circle Time: What is Valentine's Day?
Literature: Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney 
Art: Play-doh Ornaments 
Math: Jar of  Hearts Estimation
Letter Work:  Paper Vase
Centers: Cupids Q-tip Arrow Target Practice

Tuesday:
Circle Time: Where is our heart? What does it do?
Literature: Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney 
Art:  Watercolor Heart
Math: Deck of cards Memory game
Letter work: Letter V Search
 Centers:  Cupids Q-tip Arrow Target Practice

Wednesday:
Circle Time: Making and Sending Valentine's Day Card
Literature: The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting 
Art: Hand & Heart Cards
Math: Number of objects in our vacation bag (More, Less or Same)
Letter work: Packing our Vacation bag
Centers: Letter Search, Card Writing

Thursday:
Circle Time: How we show and share our love for friends & family
Literature: The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting
Art: Valentine's Necklace   
Math: Jar of Hearts
Letter work: Make a Volcano!
Centers: Letter Search, Card Writing

Friday: 
Circle Time: Valentines Day Celebration! 
Literature: The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting
Art:  Valentine's Day Hats     
Math: Deck of cards Memory game
Letter work:  Foot Vegetable
Centers: Cupids Q-tip Arrow Target Practice

Valentine's Day Song: Mail Myself to you
I'm gonna wrap myself in paper
I'm gonna dab myself with glue
Stick some stamps on top of my head
I'm gonna mail myself to you

I'm gonna tie me up in a red string
I'm gonna tie blue ribbons too
I'm gonna climb up in my mailbox 
I'm gonna mail myself to you 

When you see me in your mail box
Cut the string and let me out
Wash the glue off of my fingers
Stick some bubble gum in my mouth

Take me our of my wrapping paper
Wash the stamps off of my head
Pour me  full of ice cream sodas 
Put me in my nice warm bed

No comments:

Post a Comment