Friday, February 14, 2014

3/4 Class Schedule: Community & Its Helpers

Week of February 17-21
Letter of the Week: Ww

Monday:
No School: President's Day

Tuesday:
Circle Time: What is Community? Police Officers, how do they help the community? 
Literature:  Helpers in My Community By Bobbie Kalman
Art: Police Hats
Math: Mail delivery sorting colors & shapes
Letter work: "W"alrus
Sensory: Water table with Whales & Walruses
Movement/Game: Waiter, Waiter & Help I've lost my child (Detective Game)

Wednesday: 
Circle Time: Doctors & Nurses
Literature:  What Can We Play Today By Jane Moncure
Art: Magic Wands
Math: Character Match to Occupation
Letter work: Color W for Whale
Sensory: Water table with Whales & Walruses
Movement/Game: Waiter, Waiter & Operation

Thursday:
Circle Time: Firefighter
Literature:  What Can We Play Today By Jane Moncure
Art: Firefighter finger puppet
Math& Letter Work: Dot-to-dot Whale 1-10
Sensory: Dramatic Play- Firefighter dress up
Movement/Game: Fire Hoops (Musical Hoops)

Friday:
Circle Time: Everyday Community Helpers!
Literature:  Helpers in My Community By Bobbie Kalman
Art: "W" for Worm
Math: Mail delivery sorting colors & shapes
Letter work: Word Trace
Sensory: Community costume dress up & story telling
Movement/Game: W movement game
_______________________________________________
Music of the Week:
What is my job? (Are you sleeping)
What is my job? What is my job?
Can you guess? Can you guess?
I help people get well.
I help people get well.
Who am I? Who am I?
Other verses: I can fix the water pipes.I deliver letters. I make tasty meals for you. I keep your pets healthy. I can teach you new things. I can help if you get lost.

The People in Our Town (The Wheels on the Bus)
The librarian in the town says "Read a book, Read a book, Read a book"
The librarian in the town says "read a book" all day long
Other verses:
The firefighter says stop drop roll.
The teacher says let's learn new things.
The carpenter builds lots of things.
The mail carrier brings the mail.
The doctor makes you well.
The dentist says open up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment