Sunday, September 9, 2012

Schedule for the month of September

We had a fabulous first week of school.  All the children were super happy.  All the new friends that have joined our class this year have already made new friends!  YAY!  This is so exciting to see! I have our schedule posted for the entire month.  There are quite a few activities planned daily...I do my very best to cover all the activities listed on the schedule.  Sometimes, I wish I had one more hour to teach the children.

SEPTEMBER SCHEDULE



Week of September 10-14  My Family
Monday: Letter B
Literacy: Word of the day is big/_______is so big.
Math:  Family Graph
Art: shape of my family
Science: water cycle
Music: exploring harmonicas
Happy Birthday  and Tell Me Again about the Day I was Born

Tuesday: Letter B
Literacy: Word of the day is bug/ My favorite bug is______.
Math:  Sorting shapes
Art: The Most Important Thing About My Family book
Science: water cycle
Music: Exploring harmonicas
The Most Important Book

Wednesday: Letter B
Literacy: word of the day is baby…When I was a baby, I_________.
Math: Pattern Blocks
Art:  Wooden Family Tree Painting
Science: rain    condensation experiment
Music: Making egg shaker rattles with spoons and plastic eggs
Another Important Book

Thursday: Letter B
Literacy: Word of the day is bed/  I have a ________bed.
Math/Art:  Shape House and adding 1 more
Science:  rain condensation experiment
Music: exploring drums
The Napping House

Friday: Letter B
Literacy: Word of the day is book, emphasizing the oo sound/  My favorite book is____________.
Math:  Shape Probablity
Art: Making our own my world book using magazine pictures
Science: all about rainbows
Music:  glass bottle sounds
My World

Week of September 17-21    My Body
Monday:  Letter C
Literacy:  Word of the day is can/  I can ___________.
Math: Graphing Height and shoe size
Art: Body tracing
Science: Parts of the Body
Music:   freeze dance
The Human Body

Tuesday: Letter C
Literacy: mini-lesson on ch sound/ word of the day is chase….I like to chase_____________.
Math: counting bones
Art: Full-size skeleton painting with black poster paper
Science: Observing bones
Music:  dry bones
Bones by Steve Jenkins

Wednesday:  Letter C
Literacy: mini-lesson on ch sound/ word of the day…  If I had a magic wand, I would change my _______into a _______.
Math: Germy Hands using dice and stickers
Art: Spraying germs using paint
Science:  Dirty apple experiment
Music:  Gonna Catch my Sneezies
Germs Make Me Sick

Thursday: Letter C
Literacy: word of the day is catch….I like to catch _____________.
Math: Counting teeth in our mouth and teeth number match
Art: Teeth Polishing with real tooth paste and black paper
Science:  Tooth Decay using real animal teeth
Music: parachute moving to fast , medium and slow music
Open Wide

Friday: Letter C
Literacy: word of the day is cuddle….I like to cuddle with my _______________.
Math: measuring how far I can jump and throw
Art: Self-Portrait
Science: Muscles and exercise
Music:  freeze dance
Muscles by Seymour Simon


Week of September 23-28
Monday:  Letter D
Literacy: word of the day is dad/ My dad is great at__________.
Math: Graphing eye and hair color
Art: eye collage using magazine pictures
Science: exploring with magnifying glasses, kaleidascopes, binoculars and color lenses
Music: Name that instrument. Marco Polo
The Eye Book by Dr. Seuss

Tuesday:  Letter D
Literacy: mini-lesson on dr/word of the day is dream….I like to dream about________________.
Math: Number recognition with dice…which flower smells the best?
Art: Scented books using glue and herbs
Science:  Smell bottles and how our nose smells
Music: One Fine Face
The Nose Book by Al Perkins

Wednesday:  Letter D
Literacy: mini-lesson on dr/ word of the day is drink….My favorite drink is_____________.
Math: Texture sort
Art: Texture collage book
Science:  Feely mystery boxes and fingerprints
Music: drawing to music
Pat the Bunny

Thursday:  Letter D
Literacy: word of the day is dig….I like to dig for________________.
Math: Sound sort Loud vs Soft
Art: Telephone cans
Science: parts of the ear and echoing/sound boxes
Music: Name that sound.
The Ear Book

Friday: Letter D
Literacy: word of the day is day….My favorite day of the year is ________________.
Math:  taste test number scale
Art: Tongue diagram using dried foods
Science: What is saliva? Saliva experiment using crackers
Music: Song  Apples and Bananas
I Will Not Ever Not Eat a Tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment