Monday, July 16, 2012

How Does Our Garden Grow?

Hi Parents!  I am finally back from vacation and what can I say.....it was wonderful!!   It was so nice to relax and know the school was in good hands.  I went out to both gardens yesterday to pull weeds and see what is growing.  A huge thank you to Svetlana for taking care of the garden while I was away.  It is very time consuming, but when you see vegetables growing that the students started from seed, it makes the time spent worthwhile.  I am planning on taking my class out at least one day a week beginning next week.  I may even try to get out there this Friday.  I have dreamed up so many wonderful activities for the children in addition to gardening...kite flying, nature walks, and so much more.  I have a few high school girls that will be helping out on those days.  One is a former student of mine.  I was her teacher in 2nd and 4th grade!  I am looking forward to an exciting summer camp.  I will still be working with a few students on reading from time to time just to maintain what they already know....especially the future kindergarteners.  Mostly summer camp will consist of fun projects around themes we have planned.  My goal is to utilized the outdoor space as much as possible with fun games, activities etc.  I can't wait to get back to the school today and work with the children!  I truly missed the and look forward to having a wonderful fun-filled summer. 



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment