Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ms. Salouma's Class /Transportation: Emergency Heroes


Transportation:  Emergency Heroes
Monday
Letter H:  Practice writing upper and lowercase on dry erase boards
Word of the Day: Hero   ___________is my favorite hero!
Math:  Race to the Fire (Writing and recognizing numbers)
Science:  Fire and Oxygen
Art:  Fire hats
Music:  Instruments and drama with Hurry Hury Drive the Fire Truck
Book: The Little Fire Engine by Lois Lenski
Tuesday
Letter I : Practice writing upper and lowercase I
Word of the day:  Inch/  My foot is _________inches long.
Math:  How many drops of water to put out the flame
Science:  What is smoke?
Art: Making a fire hose out of paper tubes and water bottles
Music:  Firefighter song with props
Book: Firefighters and Curious George and the Firefighters
Wednesday
Letter J:  Practice writing J
Word of the Day:  Jump/  I can jump ____________.
Math: Spots on the dog (adding)
Science:  What can and can’t burn?
Art: Fire extinguisher made out of soda bottle
Music:  I’m a Big Strong Firefighter
Book: The Firefighters by Sue Whiting
Thursday
Letter K: Practice writing K
Word of the day:  kiss/I love to kiss ______________.
Math:  Firefighter patterns
Science:  What keeps a fire burning?
Art: Building/Painting a firetruck out of a large box
Music: Hurry, Hurry Drive the Firetruck with props
Books: Firefighters! Speeding! Spraying! Saving! By Patricia Hubbell

Friday
Letter L:  Practice writing L
Word of the day:  lost/ I lost my_______________.
Math/Art combined   Construct a fire engine with shapes.  (We need ½ gallon milk or juice cartons)
Science:  Water pressure
Music:  Listening to different siren sounds
Books:  Firehouse by Mark Teague

No comments:

Post a Comment