Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ms. Jenn's Class: Ocean Songs

Hello,
I promised some of the parents in my class the lyrics to the songs and poems that the children enjoyed most during our ocean unit. We will continue to recite the Shape on the Move poem throughout the year with a focus on different shapes and objects. This is a great way to introduce new vocabulary.
-Jenn


Swim, Fish, Swim
Tune: Jingle Bells

Swim, fish, swim,
Swim, fish, swim.
Swim fast—do not stay!
Look! –There’s a great big (child names a sea animal).
And you must get away.

Shape on the Move
I have a (pick a shape or object) in front of me.
I think I’ll put it on my knee.
Then I’ll hide it under my chair.
Can you see it under there?

I’ll take it out so I can put
That pretty (shape) on my foot.
Off of my foot and into my hair.
My, it looks so nice up there.

Out to the side. Up in the air.
Is that my (shape) way up there?
Down to the ground my (shape) lands.
I pick it up with my two hands.

Behind my back my (shape) goes.
Where is it now? Nobody knows.
Here it is for all to see.
It’s right back here in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment