Friday, April 22, 2016

3/4 Class Schedule: Butterflies

April 25- 29
Monday:
Where do we see butterflies? What do they eat?
Literature: The Crunching Munching Caterpillar by Sheridan Cain
Art: Caterpillar to Butterfly
Movement/Game: Phonics Bingo

Tuesday: 
Butterflies Body parts
Literature: Velma Gratch & the Way Cool Butterfly by Alan Madison 
STEM: Intro to space
Movement/Game: Phonics Bingo

Wednesday: 
Life Cycle of a butterfly
Literature:  Velma Gratch & the Way Cool Butterfly by Alan Madison 
Art: Coffee filter butterflies
Movement/Game: Matching game

Thursday:
Life Cycle of a butterfly
Literature: The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle 
Art: Butterfly life cycle mobile
Movement/Game: Butterfly Match!

Friday: 
Butterfly food
Literature: Butterfly Garden by Margaret McNamara
Art: Butterfly wings
Movement/Game: Tag

Written/ Math Skill: Dice Numbers & Letters
Reading Concepts: Predictions & Observations
Songs/ Finger Play:
Butterfly Cycle (Sung to "Row, Row, Row Your Boat")
Hatch, hatch little egg, I'm so very small.
Teeny tiny caterpillar, You can't see me at all.
Crawl, caterpillar, crawl, Munching on a leaf.
Crawling, munching, crawling, munching, Eat and eat and eat.
Form, form chrysalis, I'm a different shape;
Hanging by a silken thread Until I can escape.
Rest, rest, chrysalis While I change inside;
Now at last my time has come To be a butterfly.
Stretch, stretch, pretty wings, It's a special day;
Soon they will be strong enough For me to fly away.
Fly, fly, butterfly, Fly from flower to tree;
Find a place to lay my eggs So they can grow like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment