Sunday, January 25, 2015

2/3 Class Schedule: Penguins


Monday
What is a penguin?
Literature: Emperor Penguins up Close 
Art: Paper Plate Penguins
Movement: Parachute

Tuesday:

Baby Penguins 
Literature: Penguin Chicks by Ruth Owen 
Art: Shape Penguins
Movement: Sharks and Minnows 

Wednesday
Where do they live?
Literature: The Little Penguin by A.J Wood
Art: Iceberg Picture
Movement: Freeze Tag

Thursday 

What do they eat?
Literature:  Penguin by Polly Dunbar
Art: Painting Penguins
Movement: Parachute

Friday

How can we take care of them?
LiteratureCuddly Dudley by Jez Alborough
Art: Peguin chicks
Movement: 
Duck, duck, goose


Fine Motor Skills: Gluing, Cutting, Pre-writing Strokes


Songs/ Finger Play:
Little Penguin (Sung to: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star)
Little penguins black and white
on the ice, what a sight!
See them waddle, see them glide
watch them as they slip and slide. 
Little penguins black and white
on the ice, what a sight!

I'm a little penguin (Sung to: I'm a little teapot)

I'm a little penguin short and stout
Flap my wings and waddle about
I wear a coat that's black as night
but my tummy is soft and white.
I'm a little penguin short and stout
I like to waddle across the ice.
When I reach the water, I dive right in.
Hunt for fish as I swim, swim, swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment