Thursday, May 15, 2014

3/4 Class Schedule: Under The Sea


May 19-23
Monday:
Circle Time: What is an Ocean?
Literature: This is the Ocean by Kersten Hamilton
Art: Water color Ocean scene
Math: Fish counting
Sensory:  Go Fish Magnets
Movement/Game: Octopus Tag

Tuesday: 
Circle Time: What's the difference between the Ocean & a Pond?
Literature:  Atlantic by Brian Karas
Art: Ocean Jar
Math: Fish counting
Sensory: Water Table: Making waves/ Seashell Imprint
Movement/Game: Octopus Tag

Wednesday: 
Circle Time: How is there sand?
Literature: Beach Day by Karen Roosa
Art:  Sand Art
Math: Pearls in Shells
Sensory: Wave Jar/ Seashell Imprint
Movement/Game: Fishy Pokey

Thursday:
Circle Time: What sea plants are there? Even ones we can eat!
Literature: Ocean Plants by Pamela Dell
Art: Seaweed snack
Math: Fishes in the ocean
Sensory: Water Table: Sink or Float
Movement/Game: Shark in the Sea

Friday: 
Circle Time: What do we know about the Ocean?
Literature: Beach Day by Karen Roosa
Art: Egg carton clams
Math: Pearls in Shells
Sensory: Go Fish
Movement/Game: Shark in the Sea

Music of the Week:
Down by the Shore
Down by the shore 
In the sand and in the sun
I like to dive and splash and run 
And as the waves roll out and in
I'll get warm in the sun and 
Have lots of fun 
Down by the shore

My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean
My Bonnie lies over the ocean,
My Bonnie lies over the sea.
My Bonnie lies over the ocean,
Please bring back my Bonnie to me. Bring back, Bring back,
Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me, to me.
Bring back, Bring back,
Oh, bring back my Bonnie to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment