Monday, January 14, 2013

More Artic Animals and their Habitats



Arctic Animals
Letter of the week is Qq

Monday
Literacy:  I am quick at________.
Math: tangrams
Science:  KWL seals  (know, what I want to know and what I learned)
Art: harp seal sock
Music:  creating our own polar region song
Book:  Seal Pup Grows Up
Tuesday
Literacy:  My question is…..
Math: working with tangrams
Art: Narwhal shape art and narwhal tusks
Music:  continue to work on Polar Region song/tusk fighting dance
Science:  Narwhals
Book: Narwhal Unicorn of the Sea
Wednesday
Literacy:  I am quiet when____.
Math/Art   building ice caves/ igloos with sugar cubes  (counting, estimating)
Science:  What is ice?
Book:  Mama do You Love Me?

Thursday
literacy: I am quiet when________.
Math:  tangram (patternblocks) activity
Science:  All about the walrus and what is blubber?
Art: walrus picture from feet and handprints
Music: Creating our own song about polar animals
Book: Little Walrus Warning
Friday
Literacy:  I need  ________quarters to buy a________.
Math:  counting with money
Art: Snowy owl using pinecones/ Snowy owl paper strips
Science:  Dissecting owl pellets
Music:  Pretend ice  skating to music
Book: The Little White Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment